Full Stack Developer
Role: Full Stack Developer
Location: United Kingdom (able to travel to our Oxford HQ on occasion)
Contract type: Full time / Permanent
Here at Passle, we are looking for someone to join us as an experienced Full Stack Developer in our Development team. The role is an exciting opportunity to be part of a fast growing technology business. You’ll have the opportunity to get to work with a plethora of interesting technologies and play a key role in the development of our SAAS platform.
What is Passle?
An Enterprise SaaS company, Passle is an Expert-to-Expert Sales and Marketing Platform which puts the knowledgeable experts within a company at the heart of the sales and marketing process. Passle enables its users to easily create thought leadership content (in the form of blog-style posts), giving the experts within the client’s firm a voice to share their knowledge online. These posts are published onto their firm’s website where they can be shared seamlessly across social networks, emailed to key contacts and even compiled into newsletters. Not only does it make it easy for them to produce content but ultimately helps them build the relationships that drive growth in the business.
Who are our clients?
Our clients include some of the world’s largest law and professional services firms including Deloitte, Freshfields, Linklaters and Reed Smith.
What does the role involve and what could you be doing?
As a Full Stack Developer you will be working closely with a small team developing and maintaining our different platforms within an agile environment. In every agile cycle you will be assigned interesting projects, with an accompanying specification, which you will be responsible for developing. We have a friendly development team who often work together on different aspects of the development, and we continuously offer support to each other when required. Once you consider your code ready, it will be reviewed by other members of the development team. You will also be code reviewing other developer’s code from time to time.
What skills do you need?
We’re looking for a self-starter who loves to learn new technologies and work with things they have never worked with before. We need someone who can pick up new things very quickly, and devise neat solutions to complex problems. Here are some things that we’ll be looking for evidence of:
- Strong fundamental development skills
- Good instinct for quality solutions and code
- Experience of mentoring and helping junior developers to progress
- Helping to develop and improve team development processes and coding standards
- Ability to confidently and quickly pick up new technologies
- Ability to grasp complex problems and develop a broad understanding of system architecture
- Talent for devising neat solutions, and critically evaluating existing systems and practices
- Detail oriented and able to work to deadlines
- Team player
What technical skills will we be most interested in?
- Experience building web applications using C#, .NET Framework (MVC), WebAPI
- Experience with MongoDB
- Experience with AWS cloud services (eg EC2, Lambda, Cloudfront, S3)
- Continuous integration and continuous deployment services
- Experience setting up new cloud infrastructure with AWS (eg EC2, Lambda, Cloudfront, S3)
- Frontend frameworks such as Bootstrap
- CSS, LESS, SASS
- Experience with NodeJS
- Experience with React and/or React Native
The right candidate will be excited by learning new things, and have a talent for picking things up very quickly. We’re particularly interested in developers who pursue projects outside of their employment, and will be interested to hear about things you have learned or worked on in your spare time.
What’s in it for me and how will Passle help me to succeed?
- You’ll be working on exciting projects, developing our platform – lots to keep a developer interested
- Many opportunities to learn new technologies, try things out, and develop new skills
- A small and friendly dev team, always learning from each other and working together to deliver neat and robust solutions
- Dev team hack days & social events
What employee benefits do we offer?
- Competitive base salary
- Company bonus scheme
- Share Options
- Pension Plan
- 25 days Annual Leave
- Company trips away
- Gympass access
- Flexible working
- IT Equipment & support in setting up your workstation
- Company trips away
What is our flexing working policy?
Passle has been fully remote since March of 2020 and allows employees to work from the comfort of their homes. We will ensure you have the equipment that you need to do your job remotely. As part of our policy, and to ensure we find a happy balance, we expect all Passle employees to travel to their contractual office for a minimum of 5 days per quarter. This benefits not only you, but your peers and helps support good cross team collaboration.
At Passle, we believe in embracing diversity in all its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do their best work with us. We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, neurodiversity status or disability status.
Diversity and inclusion are a priority for us, so we need to attract the best talent and create an environment that supports and includes them.
Interested in applying? Send your CV and a short paragraph about why you think you’d be a great fit for the role to email@example.com.